The Beginning

Last weekend

Last weekend
Dominating on the track

Last Weekend

Last Weekend
Getting Ready

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shoot-Out

So I went to Sacramento this last weekend for the shoot-out. Friday consisted of two shop tours and a class from 2 o' clock to about 9:30 p.m. Ya, it was crazy. They did a body fat test on me and something that checks how balanced my muscles were. It was basically just a TON of information. Saturday started with a car orientation and a track walk at 9:00 a.m. I was scheduled to be in the third round so I had to wait until like 4. It was nervewracking (probably spelled wrong) When I finally was able to get out on the track I was only able to get through two of my 20-lap sessions because the weather did not agree and it started to rain. So, I was told that I would have to come back the next day on Sunday to finish my sessions. The next day started the same way and it was actually an advantage that my sessions got interupted because during the track walk Ron Sutton specifically pointed out things that I needed to fix from the prvious day. Because it had rained again that morning Ron had two of his drivers go out on the track to test the cars and track. After everything was ready it was my turn. I went through my three sessions and after my crew chief found me to show me the data of my last run. It turns out that I went .03 seconds faster than one of his drivers had that same morning!!!!! The last words I heard from Ron Sutton as I drove off the track were, "Good Job JJ, very impressed." After Saturday I wasn't very confident because I felt like I wasn't fixing my different tendencies fast enough. After Sunday though, hearing those words and seeing my time, I can't help but feel pretty confident that I'll be selected. You never know though, someone else could have gone just as fast so we'l just have to wait and see. I get my "Report Card" by Nov. 23. Hopefully I make it!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job #66, very impressed! Come by sometime and visit.

Alison said...

Holy Macaroni!!! That is soooooo awesome!!!!!!