The Beginning

Last weekend

Last weekend
Dominating on the track

Last Weekend

Last Weekend
Getting Ready

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It was a no :(

So after many many days of suspense I got my e-mail tonight and it was a no. I wasn't selected. So as of now I'm not really sure which direction to take my racing career. Either way I'm going to need some serious help. Financially that is. I know the economy is bad. Beleive me I know. But if anybody knows any crazy rich friends. Tell them you know a crazy fast racecar driver!!!!!! :) OHHHHHH well guess the lord wants to make sure that I don't get distracted before my mission. Thats how she goes. No harm... No foul...


Here's the E-mail:

Hello Jeff, We have completed our evaluation process and decided on our drivers for 2009. The hardest part for me is telling a driver that we did not choose them for our program ... especially when they are clearly talented like your son. We had 751 young drivers apply ... after resume review, we narrowed it down to 195 written interviews ... then to 132 for phone interviews ... and only 44 to test at the Shoot Out. You have a lot to be proud of making it to the final round. I love working with young talented drivers through out the year. This is the toughest part of what we do ... narrowing it down to the few we're going to work with. Regardless of the fact we did not chose your son for our program ... I want to urge your son to strongly pursue his career aspirations as a race driver. He is smart, fast and talented. People like me make wrong choices all the time. I am often amused watching stories of musicians that went on to great careers after music executives didn't chose them. I think this may be a case just like that. In closing, I want to thank you for applying for our program, and I want to wish you well in your racing and race career aspirations. If I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. Best wishes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

#66, Don't get discouraged. It's part of the experience. Let's just make cinnamon rolls and life will be great. See you then! Sam